Chiropractic Care In Johnstown For Full Body Health
Safe, Reliable, Affordable, Family Chiropractic Care
When it comes to biological engineering, your spinal column is nothing short of miraculous. It’s made up of 24 independent vertebrae and allows you to twist, bend, and move in virtually every way. Not only that, but your nervous system is encased within. This system is responsible for controlling all of your body’s muscle, tissue, and nerves. This also means that your body is a tightly interconnected system and that, if you’re hurt in one spot, the pain won’t just stay there. When you drop a rock into a pond, the splash caused by the impact pushes water outwards in ripples. Pain in your body behaves in a similar fashion and an injury can have unexpected consequences for multiple other areas of the body, not just where it occurred. If you’re experiencing neck pain, back pain, or headaches, you can always pop some medication which will reduce the discomfort for a while. Unfortunately, it won’t address the root cause and you can expect the pain to return. Chiropractic care, on the other hand, is designed to take a broader view by focusing on your entire body and providing treatment that removes pain, increases flexibility, and improves your general health. It focuses more on solving the overall cause, along with the symptoms, to not only take the discomfort away, but to keep away long-term.
We Want You Operating At Your Best!
At Connected Chiropractic, we’re focused on holistic treatment methods that don’t utilize invasive surgery or expensive drugs. Instead, our chiropractic solutions are safer, more natural, and proven to work. With nearly two decades of experience, we’ve helped hundreds of patients to live pain-free and reclaim their lives by getting their nervous systems operating at their greatest potential and their bodies healing to the best of their ability. You deserve your life back, too! For more information, call or text us at (970) 587-7029 or email us at the address listed below. If your ready to start on your chiropractic journey today, book now through our website!
What Is Chiropractic Care?
Chiropractic medicine focuses on the spine and other joints in the body, and their relationship to the nervous system. More specifically, chiropractic care is concerned with diagnosing and treating neuromuscular and musculoskeletal disorders that can affect your overall health and wellness. Here at Connected Chiropractic, we address these disorders and other health conditions through the application of focused and controlled manual therapies that best suit your specific needs, injuries, and health goals. These manual therapies may include chiropractic adjustments of the spine and joints in the body, along with muscle therapy, traction, and passive stretching techniques. Your chiropractor may also employ the use of chiropractic adjusting tools such as an activator and other treatment methods. Chiropractors use many tools to enhance chiropractic treatments to alleviate swelling and inflammation that contribute to pain and stiffness of the muscles, joints, tendons, and ligaments, which, essentially, can restrict overall movement. To address these issues, your chiropractic treatment may include electrotherapy (electric muscle stimulation) and the use of heating pads or cold packs. Your chiropractic treatment will be applied while you lay in different positions on an adjusting table, which may include seated, prone (lying face down), supine (lying down facing upward), and supported side positions. Chiropractic care is a proven, safe, and highly-effective alternative to treating pain without the use of medications and invasive surgical procedures. Our chiropractic treatments are customized to your unique needs.
The Goals Of Chiropractic Care
To relieve pain and improve the nervous system! Most people seek chiropractic treatments to relieve pain, heal from an injury, or to enhance their overall wellness. What most people don’t realize is that chiropractic care can drastically improve your central nervous system and that this will be the best thing to come from regular visits to your chiropractor. Your central nervous system is involved in every single process of your body. You can’t move a muscle without it, you can’t fight off illness, and you can’t even sneeze! If your nervous system is compromised, then your health and wellness are compromised too. While each patient is unique, the overarching goal of chiropractic care is to have your body operating at its peak performance and to reduce and remove pain so that a patient can get back to living and doing the things they enjoy without being hindered.
In summary, your chiropractor seeks to:
- Diagnose, treat, & correct neuromuscular & musculoskeletal disorders.
- Relieve pain & discomfort.
- Restore nerve function.
- Improve mobility & movement.
- Maintain & improve the structural integrity of the spine & supportive tissues.
- Enhance general health & wellness.
Alter The Perceptions On Age!
Many people assume that chiropractic care is only for those 18 years of age or older, but this is not the case. Of the more than 50 million Americans who receive regular chiropractic care each year, this estimate includes patients of all ages and walks of life. Our chiropractic office in Johnstown offers safe and effective chiropractic care for the whole family, because health and wellness does not just start once you have reached a certain age — it is a lifelong investment that begins in childhood. Our chiropractor, Dr. Brad Cranwell, treats children and adults of all ages with gentle yet effective chiropractic treatments. Contact us to talk more about pediatric chiropractic care and chiropractic for teens and adolescents. Or, schedule an appointment for a loved one today by booking online!
Change The Opinions On Addressable Conditions!
As your trusted local chiropractor in Johnstown, we have treated patients with all types of conditions, injuries, and ailments. Whether you are experiencing minor discomfort in your neck or back, suffer from recurring migraine headaches, or have suffered an injury that is now causing you severe pain, chiropractic care can help you heal.
Here are some of the conditions we ease with our chiropractic treatments:
- Upper Back Pain
- Lower Back Pain
- Neck Pain
- Shoulder Pain
- Arm and Elbow Pain
- Hand and Wrist Pain
- Headaches and Migraines
- Leg Pain
- Ankle and Foot Pain
- Hip Pain
- Lack of Joint Mobility and Joint Pain
- Degenerative Disc Disease, Arthritis, Osteoarthritis, Stenosis
- Poor Circulation
- Poor Nerve System Function
- Weakened Immune System
- Poor Organ System Function
- Behavioral Disorders
- Sleep Issues
- Cognitive Disorders
- Poor Digestion
- Sciatica (pain in the lower back with radiating leg pain)
- Muscle Spasms and Strains
- Numbness and Tingling
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Pinched nerves and Neuropathy (nerve pain)
- Herniated Discs
- Bulging discs
- Abnormal Spinal Curvature
- Chronic Pain
- Chronic Spinal Tension
- And Much More…
What To Expect During Your First Chiropractic Treatment
For those people who have never had a chiropractic adjustment, the idea of this type of treatment may sound a bit scary at first. In an effort to help you feel more at ease about receiving chiropractic care for the first time, here is what you can typically expect when you begin chiropractic treatments with us at Connected Chiropractic in Johnstown.
During your first visit with us, our patient educator and chiropractor will meet with you to discuss your health history, injury history, symptoms (type, frequency, and duration), lifestyle, and your health and wellness concerns. We may also perform a physical examination through different movements that will allow us to test and measure posture, balance, gait, motor skills, range of motion, and other functional aspects that can help him determine the right treatment plan for you.
Spinal And Postural Screening
We offer spinal and postural screenings to measure your alignment and determine the best course of action for your chiropractic care. If your chiropractor feels that further examinations are needed, such as X-rays or MRI studies, he may recommend these images prior to your chiropractic adjustment.
A health consultation and examination will allow your chiropractor to determine the best treatment plan that fits your specific health condition, injuries, and overall health and wellness goals.
Because every patient is different, we will customize your treatment plan to best suit your unique needs.
Here is a typical breakdown of treatment plans and expectations that guide us in determining your specific needs:
- Chiropractic Care For Pain Relief And Injury Recovery – Depending on the severity of pain and/or injury, a patient can expect to receive 2-3 chiropractic treatments per week for 4-12 weeks.
- Corrective And Restorative Chiropractic Care – To help the soft tissues heal and to prevent future injuries, patients typically receive 4-8 chiropractic treatments each month for 6-24 months, depending on your specific condition and pain.
- Chiropractic Wellness Care Plans – Once your body has reached 100 percent functionality (or close to), your chiropractic care may move into the maintenance phase. Treatment plans may vary depending on injuries and health conditions, but patients can generally expect to receive 1-4 chiropractic adjustments per month.
- Chiropractic Treatment – In most cases, you will not receive a chiropractic adjustment during your first visit, unless the chiropractor determines one is highly needed. The adjustment will typically occur on your second visit after all the information is evaluated.
How To Prepare For Your Chiropractic Appointment
There is not a whole lot you need to do in terms of preparing for your chiropractic appointment, but here are a few considerations for you to ponder prior to your initial visit with us:
- You can download and fill out our Adult Intake Form located below. You can either fax them or bring them with you to your initial appointment. This will save you about 20-30 minutes. We also provide separate forms for infants and children if you need to bring in those most precious to you due to issues like Colic, bed wetting, and poor digestion.
- Bring your insurance information.
- Do try to avoid strenuous activity before your visit (heavy lifting, awkward bending and twisting, intense physical activity like contact sports, etc.).
- Be prepared to discuss your pain, injuries, symptoms, health conditions, etc. It may help you to take a few notes to help you remember any questions or concerns you may have for the chiropractor, and notable information that can better assist us in optimizing your chiropractic treatments (e.g. lifestyle practices, medications, supplements, allergies, current injuries, previous medical and alternative medical treatments, etc.). If you have had recent radiological imaging (X-ray, MRI, or other), feel free to bring those scans to the office if you have them.
What Our Patients Are Saying...