Treating Foot Pain with Chiropractic
Foot pain is a very common complaint from millions of people every year. The causes of foot pain are many and varied. It is important to pay attention to pain as it is an indicator of something wrong. Sometimes foot pain goes away as quickly as it appears, but sometimes it lasts or is so severe it affects activities of daily living. This is when your Chiropractor can help.
If your feet or ankles are misaligned, the rest of your body will compensate in order to keep you upright and walking. This can cause pain with every step. Occasionally you can also feel pain in your knees, legs, hips and back as a result of a misalignment. Chiropractic adjustments reset the communication between the nerves and the tissues of the body,
There are many bones, ligaments, and joints in your feet and ankles. Our feet take a lot of abuse in a lifetime, especially if you like sports and have a physically active lifestyle.
Chiropractors can also help with corrective orthotics and shoes that may be very helpful if you are on your feet all day and suffering from pain When you visit Connected Chiropractic our board-certified staff will investigate the root cause of the pain and treat appropriately
Common causes of Foot pain:
- Plantar fasciitis
Signs and Symptoms of Foot Pain
- Decreased ability to move, walk, or bear weight.
Risk factors for foot pain include:
- Increased risk of osteoarthritis
- Increased risk of rheumatoid arthritis
Finding a cause can often be difficult, however our board-certified chiropractor and staff understand that lifestyle plays a big role in managing pain and associated symptoms. Our Chiropractor and staff also see the connection between foot pain and the “3 T’s.”
Trauma (Physical Stress): Injury as well as overuse during exercise or repetitive motion can lead to muscle weakness and stiffness associated with foot pain. Repetitive motion such as tennis or other occupations that lead to overuse of the foot are often seen as groups that suffer from foot pain.
Toxins (Chemical Stress): Dehydration has a profound effect on cells resulting in damage to that cell. Toxins then become attracted to those cells as a host for disease processes. The body is unable to flush toxins when it is dehydrated causing inflammation. Staying well hydrated is an important factor in flushing toxins from your body, good nutrition and hydration also promotes the healing process.
Thoughts (Emotional Stress): As always increased stressors can trigger inflammation which can lead to disease processes that include foot pain. What is important is to maintain a healthy lifestyle with a positive attitude and increase or maintain your exercise routine that includes stretching.
How can Chiropractic Care Provide Relief?
Chiropractic is a health care discipline which emphasizes the inherent recuperative power of the body to heal itself without the use of drugs or surgery. The practice of chiropractic focuses on the relationship between structure (primarily the spine) and function (as coordinated by the brain and nervous system). It also focuses on how that relationship affects the preservation and restoration of health. It is founded upon the principle that the body’s innate healing power is affected by and integrated through the nervous system.
Based on these principles, chiropractic care can provide relief in many ways if you are experiencing arthritic pain and symptoms.
- Chiropractic Adjustments realign the spine and encourage the nerve pathways to improve. Adjustments start to correct the misfiring that occurs in the neurons causing a heightened sensitivity to pain. Additionally, adjustments help improve sleep patterns. A more restful sleep helps the healing process. Adjustments also encourage better cognitive function. By realigning the Spine, Connected Chiropractic’s board-certified Chiropractor is reducing interference within the brain. Decreasing the inflammation and swelling will help to improve range of motion and flexibility. Ultimately you will notice an increase in tone and strength in your foot and ankles.
- Massage Therapy is another tool that we utilize in the office to help with arthritis. It reduces muscle tension, stiffness in the body, and joint pain. It also helps regulate digestion and encourages sleep.
- Exercise Therapy and Education is also a benefit our office provides. The use of light aerobic exercise can help you avoid muscle stiffness and joint pain when properly incorporated into your daily routine. Good stretches are also recommended! Diet is reviewed and suggestions are made to improve your diet thereby improving the building blocks for healing. Some modifications in daily activities may also benefit those who suffer from arthritis. We offer a wide range of activities that can help keep joints loose and pain free.
- Supplements could also be used to help ease arthritis systems. A variety can be used to improve sleep, help with depression, and decrease inflammation. Our skilled chiropractor can make recommendations on what supplements and vitamins can work best for you.
Our goal at Connected Chiropractic is to use multiple methods to help restore and preserve your optimal health. We will make a care plan that fits your individual needs, and pairs well with what is already working, to improve your daily life.
Don’t live with foot pain another day. Call our office to get started on your restorative path to optimal health, or schedule online today by clicking on
Monday: 9am-11am / 3pm – 6pm
Tuesday: 9am-11am / 3pm – 6pm
Wednesday: 9am-11am / 3pm – 6pm
Thursday: 9am-11am / 3pm – 6pm
What Our Patients Are Saying...